- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.
- The Civic Tech accelerator, hosted by Omidyar Network and Village Capital in India, is looking for “ventures leveraging technology and/or physical community-building to connect citizens with government and/or one another in order to advance civic outcomes.”
- Marshmallow, a U.K. startup, plans to offer car insurance to the more than 9 million foreign born drivers who recently moved to the country.
- The Oakland-based fintech startup helps Americans dealing with financial distress restructure their debt
- Lumkani raised seed funding to expand its business of selling networked heat detectors and insurance to residents of informal settlements and slums.
ImpactAlpha, June 7 – Paying for college. Money management for youths. Pre-tax paycheck withdrawals. Senior citizen insurance policy sales. Those were the areas tackled by the winners of the fourth social fintech competition run by JPMorgan Chase and the Center for Financial Services Innovation. The theme of the competition, which received more than 300 applications
- FinCompare allows small businesses to compare credit offerings from 200 banks and alternative financial services providers.