The program is designed to help participants overcome barriers commonly faced by founders of color, such as racial bias in fundraising and operating in “entrepreneurial deserts.”
- The big opportunity in frontier finance: solving large problems for large populations.
- As unicorns lose their magic, a type of startup of a distinctly different stripe is emerging as an alternative.
- The global consulting firm, which has advised impact initiatives for decades, launched its own fund to move more capital.
- Viewing the world through the VC lens “limits the range of opportunities investors can access for returns,” write Village Capital’s Rob Tashima and Zebras Unite’s Astrid Scholz.
- Adobe Mezzanine Fund II has backed three ventures so far: renewable energy company HEG, education-focused startups IPETH and (most recently) Kuepa.
- “Small facilities [like this] force you to look for smaller and more difficult companies, to really go deep and look for the small gems which have a huge potential but are not seen as “bankable",” Rabobank’s Arindom Datta told ImpactAlpha.