- Financial Solutions Lab is targeting financial health of American workers for its fifth fintech solutions challenge
- Mumbai-based GoBolt makes software to help India’s growing on-demand logistics sector operate more efficiently
- Social Ventures Australia is looking to raise $5 million from private investors to expand an employment training and coaching pilot in New South Wales
ImpactAlpha, October 8 – The Madrid-based renewable energy company, EDP Renováveis, has invested €2 million ($2.3 million) for a minority stake in Dutch off-grid solar venture SolarWorks. SolarWorks provides pay as you go home solar systems in Mozambique, where only 24% of the population has access to electricity. The capital will be used to support SolarWorks’
- The WNY Impact Investment Fund launched last year with $8 million to invest in social enterprises in Western New York. Along with Cleanfiber, the fund has backed EcoVerde Organics and Green Machine Equipment.
- The funding includes program-related investments and grants from the Kresge and ECMC foundations.
- So far, the firm has made eight investments, including in affordable home-care provider Landmark Health; health insurance provider Bright Health; and Strive Health, a company working with specialists, patients and data to improve treatment for kidney diseases.