- Impact investors are driving more capital to America’s affordable housing shortage.
- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
- The loan from Community Housing Capital and Calvert Impact Capital will allow the nonprofit to restore 150 homes, removing blight, creating jobs and stabilizing communities.
The passage of the Investing in Opportunity Act created equal parts enthusiasm and anxiety. Now, worry has, at least in part, begun to shift toward a mobilization of resources, networks and identified best practices for effective community investment. The provision of last year’s U.S. tax bill lets investors defer and even reduce capital gains taxes by
- BluVine offers loan products to meet operational and working capital needs and to cover short-term cashflow requirements between invoicing and payment.
- Cashalo offers small loans to individuals on a mobile platform using non-traditional credit scoring methods.
- Australia’s retirement fund for health and community industry employees is putting an additional A$40 million ($30.5 million) to its Social Impact Investment Trust.