Blockchain software company ConsenSys and the World Wildlife Federation have launched Impactio, a matchmaking platform that curates funding opportunities aligned to the goals.
- The impact investor joined the Picterra's $3.3 million seed round for the technology's potential use in aid delivery, crop and soil health tracking, and forest and wildlife monitoring.
- Crowdlending platform Kiva and the government of Sierra Leone on Wednesday launched Sierra Leone’s National Digital Identity Platform, which allows individuals to link their national identity numbers to digital transactions, including healthcare, social and financial services.
- Crawley's two planks are Kiva Capital, a fund manager that leverages Kiva’s proven distribution system for underwriting loans; and Kiva Protocol, a digital identity scheme that could play a key role in the fintech infrastructure for inclusive financial services.
- In a new report, “Drones for Development,” Devex surveys the state of use of unmanned aerial vehicles in global development today and identifies ways to fulfill their potential for impact.
- The generational shift is driving a new wave of innovative to tackle the challenges of parenting in the modern age—from the need for more informed healthcare for moms and newborns to juggling the demands of childcare and careers.
- Fifty Years, the mission-driven San Francisco venture capital firm, has two impact strategies: finding tech entrepreneurs tackling the world’s biggest problems, and reshaping global capital flows by showing such companies can be huge successes.