- The Atlanta-based impact investor invested an undisclosed amount in RedBird Health Tech through its women-focused $5 million coLABS fund
In the movie classic, It’s a Wonderful Life, Jimmy Stewart plays the hero whose foil is a crusty, tight-fisted banker, the stereotype of the soulless businessman. For years, the mean-spirited banker has been a useful creation of Hollywood screen writers, novelists, and the media. Unfortunately, banks reinforce this stereotype when they make mistakes or treat customers
- Bangalore-based Kinara Capital is a lender that caters to small business owners in India
- The Senegalese company makes home solar systems that customers pay for on a subscription basis via mobile money
- The startup’s model is to partner with publishers to deliver books and texts to schools and companies at a lower cost than institutions would spend buying physical books
ImpactAlpha, July 10 – A nationwide trucker strike protesting diesel price increases had ended only days earlier. Recession and austerity policies were pressuring Brazil’s middle class. President Michel Temer’s government is under fire, much like his predecessors’. That was the context for last months gathering of more than a thousand representatives from government, business, and civil
- Launched with a combined $10 million in equity and debt capital, the architects expect to increase its size to $25 million and to expand efforts around Central America.
- Catholic Relief and the IADB’s Multilateral Investment Fund have invested, along with high-net-worth and other investors. Total Impact Capital will manage the fund.