On-demand ride apps like Uber have been hailed (yes, pun intended) for their potential to improve safe transit for women in places like Mexico and Brazil, where women often feel (and are) at risk in taxis and public transit options. Sao Paulo-based LadyDriver is among a growing number ride hailing and sharing services going a
- The path to trillions of dollars in impact investing assets under management runs through Asia.
- Impact investors are driving more capital to America’s affordable housing shortage.
- Gurgaon, India-based Aye Finance helps India’s small business owners access working capital and credit to grow their businesses.
- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
- India’s aggressive shift to solar energy has attracted yet another private-equity player
- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.