- A key source of StandUp’s pipeline is Toronto-based startup hub MaRS’s Investment Accelerator Fund, which backs science and tech entrepreneurs and where McBane serves as a director.
ImpactAlpha, April 22 – First Nations and Inuit people in Canada do not own their land. Per the Indian Act, it’s held by the Canadian government. Without collateral, private banks are hesitant to fund early-stage development. “It’s very difficult to do on-reserve lending in a traditional format,” Bridging Finance’s David Sharpe, a member of the
- The social impact bond is Canada’s fifth, and second focusing on at risk mothers.
- "This is not just a major milestone for social finance in Canada," said SVX's Adam Spence. "It is a watershed moment for our country as a whole."
- CoPower’s investment was made through its retail green bond initiative, which allows everyday Canadians to invest in green bonds.
- Insect farming companies have drawn hundreds of millions of dollars from investors to address demand for sustainable and rapidly made animal feed, particularly as global demand for protein rises.
- The C$189.5 billion pension fund is committing C$200 million in project financing to roll out smart energy storage systems across Ontario.