In a guest post on ImpactAlpha, Hewlett’s Marilyn Waite details the new partnership and makes the case that approach should be replicated by governments globally.
The fund “will enable banks and financial institutions to make sound impact investments now – and help support sustainable smallholder farming while mitigating the impact of climate change,” said IDH’s Joost Oorthuizen.
- By reshaping markets and transforming systems, catalytic investors are bridging not only capital gaps, but conceptual gaps about what may be possible.
- "We have set out to infuse an impact-first ethic across the entirety of our portfolio, reshaping how both our private foundation and unrestricted family office assets are deployed," writes Ceniarth's Greg Neichin.
- Impact investors can’t invest their way out of structural problems. More than 55 impact investors are putting a “whole-system” lens on issues like inequality, discrimination and resource exploitation.
- A wave of digital and financial innovation is changing perceptions around the profitability of lending to small farmers in emerging markets.
- In a guest post on ImpactAlpha, agriculture finance experts from ISF Advisors and the RAF Learning Lab discuss how to “get smart” about donor objectives, about impact returns and about blending capital.