- Growing splits in every industry, including oil, set up natural experiments between companies’ approach to the low-carbon transition and their resilience to the disruptions ahead.
- "Increased environmental regulation, rising consumer demand for plant-based food, and fears over water pollution from intensive farms are all ingredients in the rising threat to the long-term value of the fast food multinationals,” said Alice Evans of BMO Global Asset Management, with $260 billion under management.
Making the numbers work for building and preserving affordable housing has been tough in the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the highest-cost housing markets in the U.S. The new Partnership for the Bay’s Future, which announced a $500 million fund last week, found a way to square the circle: $40 million from the Chan
- The group is targeting the Africa's energy opportunity with a $16 million fund to expand mini-grids.
- How to measure the social impact of investments has long been a hot topic among impact investing pioneers. A big, brash newcomer just raised the stakes.
- Pegasus Capital Advisors and Third Prime Capital have committed an undisclosed amount of capital to the company for its technologies’ positive environmental impact potential.
- IKEA is committing €6.8 million ($7.7 million) to a development impact bond providing vocational skills training to Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.