- News of the latest cohort comes as Techstars secured $42 million in equity financing to expand its global footprint.
- The Delta Fund committed half of the fund’s capital. 3rd Creek Foundation, Chintu Gudiya Foundation, Galloway Family Foundation, Vibrant Village Foundation and the Norwegian Interhands Foundation provided the rest.
- LIC VC and Jeremy Oppenheim, founder of sustainable investment fund SYSTEMIQ, also participated.
- Houston-based energy investor EIV led the round.
Schiemann, a longtime GE executive, faced a classic “innovator’s dilemma” in nurturing GE Solar within the corporate giant since 2012.
- The high-level coordination behind the effort, Goldstein wrote on LinkedIn, “is a recognition that two factors, inclusive growth and climate transition, “had become significant drivers of growth, risk, and operational efficiency for businesses and investors and thus, for Goldman Sachs.”
- SteamaCo's meters allow power operators to monitor household and business energy usage, and lets customers pre-pay via mobile phone or in person through agents.