- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.
- With too few climate-focused institutional investment funds, faith-based organizations are addressing the climate crisis with direct investing, blended finance and capacity building.
- MPOWER fits among a small cohort of organizations developing student-centric models to finance education.
Since it was formed in 2016, the unit has invested over $1.4 billion to assemble 1 gigawatt of distributed solar assets.
- Crowdlending platform Kiva and the government of Sierra Leone on Wednesday launched Sierra Leone’s National Digital Identity Platform, which allows individuals to link their national identity numbers to digital transactions, including healthcare, social and financial services.
- The Delta Fund committed half of the fund’s capital. 3rd Creek Foundation, Chintu Gudiya Foundation, Galloway Family Foundation, Vibrant Village Foundation and the Norwegian Interhands Foundation provided the rest.
- Public and philanthropic investors helped mobilize more than $9 billion in private capital between 2012 and 2017 by deploying a variety of risk-mitigating and concessional instruments.