- Commitments to blended finance transactions have ebbed and flowed, but amount to only about $15 billion annually and a total of just $140 billion since 2006
- Building on its work in Mexico, the conservation nonprofit will study the potential for bringing reef insurance to Florida and Hawaii.
- The Silicon Valley model has been to get rich first and give away money later. Jeff and Kate Schox want founders to think about giving earlier.
- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.
- With too few climate-focused institutional investment funds, faith-based organizations are addressing the climate crisis with direct investing, blended finance and capacity building.
- MPOWER fits among a small cohort of organizations developing student-centric models to finance education.
Since it was formed in 2016, the unit has invested over $1.4 billion to assemble 1 gigawatt of distributed solar assets.