Blockchain software company ConsenSys and the World Wildlife Federation have launched Impactio, a matchmaking platform that curates funding opportunities aligned to the goals.
- CDC is introducing “Catalyst Strategies” that will guide as much as $1.5 billion in new investments, on top of its current pipeline of $500 million in commitments.
- “Not enough capital is flowing” toward the low-carbon transition, Michael Bloomberg declared at last year’s Bloomberg Global Business Forum. The unavoidable takeaway from yesterday’s forum: Still not enough capital is flowing.
- Commitments to blended finance transactions have ebbed and flowed, but amount to only about $15 billion annually and a total of just $140 billion since 2006
- Building on its work in Mexico, the conservation nonprofit will study the potential for bringing reef insurance to Florida and Hawaii.
- The Silicon Valley model has been to get rich first and give away money later. Jeff and Kate Schox want founders to think about giving earlier.
- When the U.S. Development Finance Corp. opens its doors on Oct. 1, it will be equipped with new investment tools to support female fund managers in emerging markets.