- “Sustainability linked loans” represent a way to “pay” companies, with lower-cost capital, for boosting resource efficiency, mitigating climate risks or improving relations with local communities.
ImpactAlpha, April 11 – Investors’ portfolios may get a jolt from a sudden “repricing event” that recalibrates the risks of climate change, according to a new report from Mercer. In a sequel to its “Investing in a Time of Climate Change” report, the global consultancy suggests the market isn’t fully pricing the “physical risks” of
- "To put it bluntly, if you want investors, you have to present a revenue line," says Convergence's Joan Larrea.
- With climate change hard upon us, startups are aiming to scale techniques to suck tons of carbon out of the atmosphere
- The Craftory aims to amplify “challenger brands” that embody one or more of five “righteous causes” – delivering good health, democratizing access, progressing society, prospering sustainability and championing self-esteem.
ImpactAlpha, March 28 – The bad news about the oceans has finally started to generate some good news for investors looking for investments in the blue economy. A growing recognition that oceans are in crisis – from global warming and acidification to plastics pollution and depleted fisheries to “dead zones” caused by chemical runoff from agriculture
- The Japanese life insurance company is backing clean tech investor Energy & Environment Investment (EEI)