- This year was all about implementation. “Impact needs to be measurable and intentional,” said Harvard’s George Serafeim in the keynote
- More innovation, and low-cost risk capital, is needed to meet global healthcare demand.
- Plastic waste is a global crisis. Investing to prevent plastic waste is an investment opportunity.
- In its first year, according to the Overseas Private Investment Corp., which financed the bond with the Netri Foundation, the institute screened 50,000 patients and conducted 2,300 surgeries
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could
- Does ESG performance actually make any difference in terms of actual social and environmental impact?
- The InsuResilience Investment Fund is backing Agritask with a $6 million investment to help the company build out tools for agriculture insurance and expand outreach to small-scale farmers.