- More innovation, and low-cost risk capital, is needed to meet global healthcare demand.
- Plastic waste is a global crisis. Investing to prevent plastic waste is an investment opportunity.
ImpactAlpha, June 11 – Rural electricity has often required subsidy. The self-sufficient electricity grids known as mini-grids are no different, say a dozen impact investors with $2 billion under management. Investors including Acumen, Blue Haven Initiative, and Ceniarth, as well as Engie Powercorner, Responsability and KawiSafi Ventures are calling on donors and governments to provide results-based financing to subsidize rural connections that could
- Rockefeller will provide funding and human resources to six cities, beginning with Newark, over two years to support city-level Chief Opportunity Zone Officers, as well as community engagement specialists.
- The story of the fund, now called the Evercare Health Fund, wraps together not one, but two private equity scandals.
- Impact investments from donor-advised funds helped seed the growth of Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company that stages a successful public offering earlier this month.
- A new Southeast Asia forestry fund launched by Australia-based New Forests includes a tranche aimed at impact investors with specific reforestation, biodiversity and community livelihood goals.