- The story of the fund, now called the Evercare Health Fund, wraps together not one, but two private equity scandals.
- Impact investments from donor-advised funds helped seed the growth of Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company that stages a successful public offering earlier this month.
- A new Southeast Asia forestry fund launched by Australia-based New Forests includes a tranche aimed at impact investors with specific reforestation, biodiversity and community livelihood goals.
- The fund raised $4 million in anchor funding from Gary Community Investments and ZOMA Foundation, a Walton family initiative, ImpactAlpha has learned.
- The impact investment fund of Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta put $1 million into the Low Income Investment Fund to create a financing vehicle for earlier stage charter schools in Atlanta’s lower income communities.
- Conversations around Opportunity Zones have matured from what to how as deadlines loom for claiming full tax benefits.
Global Witness’s “hard-hitting investigations,” said Luminate in a statement, provide transparency and often lead to litigation, policy action and regulatory reform.