The center opened at the end of August featuring an organic product market, commercial kitchen, cafe, urban farm, community meeting space and rental space for local organizations, and outdoor classrooms.
- The African Development Bank is spearheading the fund, with backing from the Nordic Development Fund, the Global Environment Facility, Calvert Impact Capital and Nigeria-based energy impact investor All On backed the fund.
- Climate change entrepreneurs and fund managers are developing innovative solutions to worldwide challenges.
- To amplify and speed financing for such efforts, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation are working to form coalitions of philanthropic investors focused on high-leverage issues like sustainable land use, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Opus 12, Mallinda and Lilac Solutions are the latest tech startups to join PRIME Coalition’s portfolio, boosting PRIME’s portfolio to nine ventures and philanthropic capital allocation to $17 million.
- The Chicago-based MacArthur Foundation is lending North Carolina-based Self-Help Ventures Fund $15 million to support the integration and expansion of recently-acquired Seaway Bank in Chicago.
- Gates is backing a $30 million venture philanthropy accelerator that will support early stage biotech companies working on Alzheimer’s research, detection and diagnosis.
- The Battle Creek Small Business Loan Fund will provide capital and technical assistance to local entrepreneurs.