- Estonia-based Solarstone has developed a new kind of solar panel that can be built directly into a property.
- A contrarian story is emerging in cleantech venture capital.
- As the world’s largest asset manager, with a $6.5 trillion portfolio, BlackRock “has the power to lead globally to address climate risk, yet to-date it remains a laggard,” says Tim Buckley of IEEFA.
- Houston-based energy investor EIV led the round.
Schiemann, a longtime GE executive, faced a classic “innovator’s dilemma” in nurturing GE Solar within the corporate giant since 2012.
- SteamaCo's meters allow power operators to monitor household and business energy usage, and lets customers pre-pay via mobile phone or in person through agents.
- The new funding will support expanded bus services in the U.S., Latin America and Asia; to lay groundwork for a train network in Europe; and to launch a ride-sharing service.