- An update to the Coller FAIRR Protein Producer Index shows that two-thirds of 60 publicly-listed meat and dairy producers are at “high risk” on most factors tracked by the index, including greenhouse gases, deforestation and water use.
- The move into impact of the private equity giants suggests at least demand from pension funds, endowments and sovereign wealth funds that need to write large checks.
- As the world’s largest asset manager, with a $6.5 trillion portfolio, BlackRock “has the power to lead globally to address climate risk, yet to-date it remains a laggard,” says Tim Buckley of IEEFA.
- News of the latest cohort comes as Techstars secured $42 million in equity financing to expand its global footprint.
Schiemann, a longtime GE executive, faced a classic “innovator’s dilemma” in nurturing GE Solar within the corporate giant since 2012.
- The high-level coordination behind the effort, Goldstein wrote on LinkedIn, “is a recognition that two factors, inclusive growth and climate transition, “had become significant drivers of growth, risk, and operational efficiency for businesses and investors and thus, for Goldman Sachs.”
- Fundamental Advisors is partnering with Wunder to buy up to $200 million in new solar loans originated by the company.