- Largest B Corp… By completing the impact assessment from B Lab, the nonprofit that certifies B Corps, and scoring higher than the minimum threshold, Danone North America has now become the largest B Corp.
- Danone, the parent company… aims to achieve the certification, according to a statement, and has been working with B Lab since 2015 to define a B Corp model that works for public companies.
- Three US energy companies agreed to report to New York State Common Retirement Fund on how global efforts to achieve the goals of the Paris climate accord will affect their companies.
- Up your gender-lens investing game… The Gender Equality Mainstreaming, or GEM, framework assesses gender inclusion within companies.
- Broad universe... The universe for public equity water investments is broad, more than 250 companies with a combined market cap of around $1 trillion, according to PAX.
- The cities... investing in water infrastructure.
- In short... The funders say grants and other concessionary capital should accelerate markets, not replace them.
- ISF Advisors... details 25 funder strategies in a new briefing...
Wednesday’s deadline for identifying such zones under a provision of last year’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act forced tough choices. States were able to choose no more than one-quarter of their low-income neighborhoods for investments that will let investors defer and reduce capital gains taxes. An even tougher challenge is ensuring local residents aren’t displaced by
More than 2,400 companies have been certified as “B Corps,” giving them a handy way to demonstrate their adherence to social and environmental performance and accountability standards. Do investors care? A new report from the Yale School of Management, “Just Good Business,” suggests they should. Among the reported benefits: Access to non-financial data, benchmarking against