The blockchain is hot. But without strong ethics, the technology could face the same backlash already rocking the tech world. To help integrate ethics into blockchain applications, the Beeck Center, a center for social-innovation at Georgetown University, has released Blockchain for Ethical Design Framework, with support from the Rockefeller Foundation. The group says blockchain developers can mitigate
- As demand for impact investing through DAFs grows, the spectrum of product offerings is also growing.
- The path to trillions of dollars in impact investing assets under management runs through Asia.
- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
The passage of the Investing in Opportunity Act created equal parts enthusiasm and anxiety. Now, worry has, at least in part, begun to shift toward a mobilization of resources, networks and identified best practices for effective community investment. The provision of last year’s U.S. tax bill lets investors defer and even reduce capital gains taxes by
- The Civic Tech accelerator, hosted by Omidyar Network and Village Capital in India, is looking for “ventures leveraging technology and/or physical community-building to connect citizens with government and/or one another in order to advance civic outcomes.”
- Back in 2015, Arlan Hamilton pledged to back 100 woman, LGBTQ or person of color founders by 2020. Last week, she said her Backstage Capital already has hit that goal.