The blockchain is hot. But without strong ethics, the technology could face the same backlash already rocking the tech world. To help integrate ethics into blockchain applications, the Beeck Center, a center for social-innovation at Georgetown University, has released Blockchain for Ethical Design Framework, with support from the Rockefeller Foundation. The group says blockchain developers can mitigate
- The company lends farming inputs to small farmers in Asia using alternative-credit risk metrics and crop and weather information to determine farmers’ creditworthiness.
- Its planned India Progress Fund will be Incofin’s first country-specific fund.
- After a dozen columns, David Bank rounds up the impact investing story so far (and gets another column in the bag).
- As demand for impact investing through DAFs grows, the spectrum of product offerings is also growing.
- G2VP will invest in sustainable tech companies, including energy, transportation and heavy industry technologies.
On-demand ride apps like Uber have been hailed (yes, pun intended) for their potential to improve safe transit for women in places like Mexico and Brazil, where women often feel (and are) at risk in taxis and public transit options. Sao Paulo-based LadyDriver is among a growing number ride hailing and sharing services going a