- "Overall, we’ve learned that Pay for Success is not the end in and of itself—it’s a means to the end of getting better outcomes for people."
- The International Finance Corp. has committed $13 million to Capria Fund, which invests in both emerging market fund managers and their funds.
- The Nairobi-based startup makes solar-powered irrigation pumps and systems, which it sells on credit to small scale farmers. Its products start at $390
ENGIE’s investment in HomeBiogas fits into a growing portfolio of small-scale clean energy companies that focus on emerging markets
- The Gurgaon-based small business lender focuses on designing financial products for small business owners at the base of the economic pyramid
- ZOLA will use the funds to deliver off-grid energy to 25,000 new customers and improve energy access for 500,000 households by 2021.
- San Francisco-based RaiseMe aims to incentivize high school students' academic performance and keep them on a path to college by offering micro-scholarships for good grades and developmental extracurricular activities.