- Landed provides teachers with cash to make a down payment on a house, offering 10% of the asking price. Teachers have to come up with another 10%, and repay Landed 25% of the profits if and when they sell.
ImpactAlpha, April 9 –What’s difference do Opportunity Zone tax breaks make for a commercial real estate fund? San Francisco-based real estate company M31 Capital has launched a $25 million Opportunity Fund to buy up vacant and underutilized apartment and mixed-use properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and restore them as entry-level workforce housing. M31
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.
- The Asian Development Bank has invested 1.4 billion rupees ($19.1 million) in Indian microfinance institution Annapurna Finance.
- With long waiting lists, low vacancy rates and stable tenants, affordable housing is a low-risk, long-term investment.
- Big Lottery Fund and Big Society Capital have seeded the fund with £3 million ($3.8 million).
- Bobby Turner has teamed up with tennis star Andre Agassi on two Turner-Agassi charter school funds that have raised more than a half-billion dollars and have built 87 schools serving 45,000 students.
- He has also enlisted actress Eva Longoria and basketball star Chris Paul as “ambassadors” (as well as investors) in two Turner Multifamily Impact Funds that acquire and preserve urban rental housing for families earning less than an area’s median income.