- Venn offers a “neighborhood platform” to connect residents to co-living and public spaces, social resources, classes and events.
- Core Innovation Capital led the round, which also included impact investors Enterprise Community Partners, The Impact Engine and Kapor Capital.
- Tijuana, Mexico-based Provive acquires abandoned homes, fixes them up, then helps families secure financing to buy them.
- Landed provides teachers with cash to make a down payment on a house, offering 10% of the asking price. Teachers have to come up with another 10%, and repay Landed 25% of the profits if and when they sell.
ImpactAlpha, April 9 –What’s difference do Opportunity Zone tax breaks make for a commercial real estate fund? San Francisco-based real estate company M31 Capital has launched a $25 million Opportunity Fund to buy up vacant and underutilized apartment and mixed-use properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and restore them as entry-level workforce housing. M31
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.
- The Asian Development Bank has invested 1.4 billion rupees ($19.1 million) in Indian microfinance institution Annapurna Finance.