- "We believe that small and growing businesses are relevant to every single Sustainable Development Goal,” ANDE’s Randell Kempner told ImpactAlpha.
- Commitments to blended finance transactions have ebbed and flowed, but amount to only about $15 billion annually and a total of just $140 billion since 2006
- The Solve Innovation Future fund, a donor advised fund, has raised $3.5 million towards a $30 million goal, and will make debt and equity investments of up to $200,000, using a standard set of terms to keep underwriting costs low.
- A shortage of capital is not what’s holding back a faster transition to a low-carbon economy.
- It’s an underdeveloped pipeline of investable projects, persistent risks in emerging markets and the pesky problem of how to retire all of those carbon-intensive coal plants, factories and other assets well before their natural lifespans.
- Each year between 2012 and 2018 “impact tech” startups have financially outperformed Techstars’ total portfolio.
“We believe hanging on to fossil fuel assets is a financial risk,” explained University of California chief investment officer and treasurer Jagdeep Singh Bachher and UC Board of Regents’ Investments Committee chair Richard Sherman in an op-ed in the LA Times.
- MPOWER fits among a small cohort of organizations developing student-centric models to finance education.