- The British venture capitalist is taking his case to world leaders at the Group of 20 summit this weekend in Buenos Aires.
- “An advisor versed in the nuances and prerogatives of impact investing can add meaningful value," write Tiedemann Advisors’ Stephanie Cohn Rupp and Brad Harrison in a guest post on ImpactAlpha.
Read all of ImpactAlpha’s industry leading Opportunity Zone coverage. Not knowing the impact of Opportunity Zone investments puts communities, as well as investors seeking tax-advantaged returns, at risk. The good news: impact investors have spent a decade building the tools to measure and manage impact, even without a federal mandate. Opportunity Zone, or “OZ”, investors
- Sure, automation and the gig economy can undermine quality jobs with good wages, reliable benefits, advance opportunities and paths to ownership. Likely more culpable: Short-term investment strategies that pressure companies into squeezing workers and disgorging cash.
There is growing interest in better connecting donor-advised funds (DAFs) with deep, impact investing opportunities. While we have some promising examples, few are talking about the changes that could really build this market. More shared data, more donor awareness, and practical tweaks to way DAFs engage with their donors could all boost the flow of
- Impact Capital Forum and law-firm Orrick gathered New York real estate investors, fund managers, impact investors, attorneys and consultants to take stock of the opportunity zone opportunity.
- If Capitalism 2.0 is to be more humane, conscientious and inclusive than its previous iteration, social impact must shift from a fringe consideration to the center of business, government and investment decisions.