- Bipartisan support... A proposal for a new United States Development Finance Institution has bipartisan momentum in a politically polarized Washington.
- To get it right... the architects should expand the institution's set of financing tools and embed impact management in the organization's DNA, say Dalberg's Kusi Hornberger and Shyam Sundaram...
- Index funds should focus... on how gun sales gun affect the systems on which all of the companies in the index depend, says B-Lab's legal head Rick Alexander.
- A fiduciary... must think systemically in order to serve the interests of investors.
- This means... an investment steward can forgo a gain at an individual company to preserve systemic value, and the value of an entire portfolio.
- Many impact investors...believe that holding positions in public companies can lead to positive impact because of the ability to pressure management through shareholder proposals
- A recent SEC action highlights... however, the limitations of shareholder activism under federal and state law....
Impact Voices is an occasional series sharing the opinions of impact investing practitioners and leaders with ImpactAlpha readers. The views expressed in Impact Voices are the writers’ own, not ImpactAlpha’s. With Audrey Selian and Jeff Tuller As the impact investing community processes the shuttering of ImpactUS, it’s time to acknowledge a painful reality: when it comes
As the socially-responsible, ESG (for environmental, social and governance), and impact investing movements have gained steam, so has the number of companies offering products aligned with investors’ values. Providing low-cost, low-effort personal investment options, U.S. robo-advisors currently have more than $100 billion in assets, and are estimated to reach $2.2 trillion by 2020. To differentiate
Congress will soon begin debate on the recently released Trump Administration “budget blueprint.” This blueprint includes a dizzying array of choices that lay waste to efforts aimed at fighting poverty, improving education and health for vulnerable populations, and engaging in smart global development. One of the most inexplicable proposals included in the “budget blueprint” is