ImpactAlpha, October 26 – Oslo-based CageEye makes sensors that monitor salmon farms by tracking fish movements. The information allows fish farmers to improve decision-making and automate tasks like feeding, which improves efficiency and reduces costs. (Feed is the biggest input cost for aquaculture operations.) Sustainable seafood venture fund Aqua-Spark has invested an undisclosed amount in the company, providing
- Asset management firm AXA Investment Managers backed the fund through its second impact fund of funds, AXA Impact Fund II, along with a handful of European development finance institutions.
- Circulate Capital is looking to make debt, equity and quasi-equity investments in recycling and waste management ventures in India, Indonesia, and other Asian markets.
- B-BOVID works with small farmers to teach sustainable farming practices, particularly for palm oil production.
- The European Investment Fund and Big Society Capital invested in the fund, along with prior Ananda family office, individual and institutional investors.
- The new fund will front capital for property owners working with Carbon Lighthouse to map, monitor, and upgrade their buildings’ energy consumption.
- Flutterwave makes online and digital payments software that allows banks and companies to integrate all of their payment processing tools.