ImpactAlpha, November 18 – Toronto-based impact investing platform SVX is rolling out a U.S. version of its matchmaking service with an $11.5 million debt offering from TechSoup. California-based TechSoup is non-profit tech marketplace for charities and libraries. The 31-year-old organization helps other organizations secure hardware and software technologies they need “to design and implement technology
- Montevideo-based Bankingly offers software to financial institutions to help them expand digital channels accessible to low-income and underserved customers.
- San Francisco-based PayJoy is working to advance underbanked peoples’ access to formal financial services by first helping them buy a smartphone.
- The company's seed round was led by Rosecliff Ventures and Collaborative Fund, and joined by Congruent Ventures, Third Prime Capital, Closed Loop Ventures, Bleu Capital, Gramercy Fund, and Ride Ventures.
- The Fidelity-led round valued the restaurant chain known for its salads and use of local ingredients at more than $1 billion.
- The nine-year old fintech company's platform makes it easier for mobile money users to transfer money between services and financial institutions.
- The Cleveland-based cooperative is raising a fund to help existing businesses convert to a cooperative model, reports Next City.