- NotCo’s AI platform analyzes the molecular structures of plant-based ingredients for flavor and texture
Brazilian fintech Moeda has joined with the African nation of Togo to backstop a planned €100 million ($113 million) impact fund being raised by a Switzerland-based private-equity firm Bamboo. It’s all based on blockchain.
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.
i(x) launched in 2016 to offer impact companies a more patient alternative to traditional venture capital and private equity-type investments. The holding company has now raised $12 million in its own Series A investment round.
- Investors include health and fintech venture capital firm Oak HC/FT, health access investment firm Town Hall Ventures and Define Ventures. Existing investors Scout Ventures, Luminate and New York Ventures also participated.
- PEG Africa’s solar products currently reach 60,000 households in Ghana, the Ivory Coast and Senegal.
- CNote launched in 2017 to democratize impact investing through a high-yield savings account that facilitates lending to small businesses and underserved communities