- The $70 million Bloomberg climate challenge seeks to promote sustainability and climate change awareness in 20 American cities.
Investment vehicles designed to boost access to fair and decent work, housing and capital are proliferating. In venture capital, for example, Harlem Capital, Backstage Capital, Kapor Capital and others are creating funds to put capital into the hands of minority entrepreneurs. Harlem Capital recent found 105 U.S.-based startups with black and Latino founders that raised
- The El Segundo, Calif.-based firm provides cloud-based electric vehicle charging solutions for businesses and organizations in the U.S.
- With the new funding, SolarHome will expand across Myanmar, and into Cambodia and Indonesia by the end of this year.
- Financial tech companies like Albert, WinWin and Goalsetter are getting investor support to help Americans build savings and savings habits. Oakland-based startup Even is the latest of these to raise a round of capital.
- Villgro Kenya is seeding the two companies with grant funding, product development support and mentorship
- The indoor farming company builds greenhouse farms near supermarkets in major cities to provide access to locally grown, pesticide-free and non-GMO produce.