On-demand ride apps like Uber have been hailed (yes, pun intended) for their potential to improve safe transit for women in places like Mexico and Brazil, where women often feel (and are) at risk in taxis and public transit options. Sao Paulo-based LadyDriver is among a growing number ride hailing and sharing services going a
- Impact investors are driving more capital to America’s affordable housing shortage.
- The California-based is making a probiotic nutritional supplement for infants to fight child malnutrition.
- Gurgaon, India-based Aye Finance helps India’s small business owners access working capital and credit to grow their businesses.
- The Mumbai-based company hires women to drive vehicles that take packages and food from warehouses to delivery hubs and homes.
- Switchee uses data from its smart thermostats to track energy consumption, light, motion, humidity and other factors in low income housing.
- Marshmallow, a U.K. startup, plans to offer car insurance to the more than 9 million foreign born drivers who recently moved to the country.