- PG Impact Investments I has made roughly 20 investments, including a recent $5 million loan to Tugende, a motorcycle taxi lease-to-own startup in Kampala, Uganda.
- Bamboo’s investment will serve as first-loss capital to encourage follow-on funding from other investors.
- Private-equity giant KKR hasn’t yet closed its planned $1 billion Global Impact Fund, but it has been busy warehousing deals.
ImpactAlpha, February 13 – French impact investor Investisseurs & Partenaires has reached a second close for its I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 fund. The fund, which invests in African startups working on issues related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, has raised €75 million ($84.4 million) since launching in late 2017. Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) manages
- The Oxford-style debate at Tuesday’s Economist impact investing forum in New York was less a debate on the motion – "This house believes that impact investing will turn out to be the most profitable way to invest" – than a dialogue about how to make it so.
- The 215 companies that have graduated from Agora's program have a 94% survival rate and have collectively raised $86 million. More than half have been women-run.
- Two-thirds of Latin America’s young people don’t advance into higher education. Crehana is trying to combat high youth unemployment rates by making professional and technical skills more affordable and accessible.