- Next up: the group is building a shared framework for measuring impact in opportunity zones.
- The initiative has now backed 20 companies with $100,000 each, provided tailored technical assistance and delivered access to a dedicated network of investors.
- The abundance of equity capital that may be headed to America’s poorest communities through such tax-incentivised funds by itself won’t transform neighborhoods for the better.
Southeast Asia’s mix of democracies, military dictatorships and communist governments, alongside economies at various levels of development present a challenge for regional investment strategies. A tech-connected and youthful population with a growing affinity for entrepreneurship, however, make it an emerging hotspot for impact investing. About 60 impact investors have placed about $900 million into 225
- Lending to small farmers in emerging markets is risky business. Flexible finance can help social lenders lower costs, build markets and pass the baton to local banks.
- The deal marks the fifth education investment from the TPG Growth impact investing fund.
- More capital than ever is being raised by emerging-market private equity and venture capital funds. But less of it is going to small and growing businesses. The trend suggests "the missing middle" is still missing.