- The Treasury Department certified 8,700 census tracts across the U.S. that are eligible for investments by new Opportunity Funds
- ARM Pension has $1.8 billion in funds under management and reaches 700,000 people. Leapfrog did not disclose the amount of its investment.
- The loan from Community Housing Capital and Calvert Impact Capital will allow the nonprofit to restore 150 homes, removing blight, creating jobs and stabilizing communities.
- The BEV, with $1 billion in commitments from Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Jack Ma, Mukesh Ambani, Richard Branson and others, announced its first two investments.
The passage of the Investing in Opportunity Act created equal parts enthusiasm and anxiety. Now, worry has, at least in part, begun to shift toward a mobilization of resources, networks and identified best practices for effective community investment. The provision of last year’s U.S. tax bill lets investors defer and even reduce capital gains taxes by
- The deal highlights the impact, and financial, potential of the creative economy, a sector still largely untapped by impact investors.
ImpactAlpha, June 12 – Municipal bonds are literally private investments in public goods, making them perhaps the original impact investments. About $435 billion in U.S. municipal bonds were issued last year to investors to finance projects with impact, including parks and schools, roads and bridges, clean energy installations and municipal broadband. But the muni-market has become