- The IFC, part of the World Bank Group, is betting on the nine principles to help combat “impact washing” while providing an impact-investing onramp for institutional investors sitting on trillions.
- Investors with tens of billions in assets have written an open letter to incoming General Electric Co. CEO Lawrence Culp making the case that he can turnaround the Boston-based firm’s ailing valuation by becoming a leader in the global transition to clean power and transportation.
- Update: President Trump did indeed sign the Build Act into law, reshaping OPIC into the new U.S. International Development Finance Corp, with new investment tools and an expanded mandate.
- “For gender-smart investors there are now opportunities across asset classes and this is a great example, especially in products and services which benefit women,” Susan Biegel, a gender-lens investing adviser at the Wharton school, told ImpactAlpha.
- Climate change and inequality are getting worse as the technologies to solve them are getting better. Something’s got to give.
- As expected, news and announcements are streaming out of convenings in and around the 73rd UN General Assembly in New York.
Nike’s deal with Colin Kaepernick has added almost $6 billion to company’s market value. But what has the company contributed to the UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 16, “Peace, justice and strong institutions”? A new initiative launched ahead of the U.N. General Assembly is developing a range of benchmarks by 2023 to assess the progress