- India’s aggressive shift to solar energy has attracted yet another private-equity player
- Failure is still not a universally accepted positive among impact investors. Go figure.
- In today’s hybrid world, impact is becoming the new mainstream, and impact alpha the key differentiator.
ImpactAlpha, June 4 – The same focus on financial returns that long made social and environmental issues irrelevant to major institutional investors is now making them very relevant indeed. “The disruption to your portfolio from climate, from technology, from population growth, from urbanization – that’s coming,” says Ashby Monk, executive director of Stanford’s Global Projects Center,
- Explicit, accountable social and environmental value-creation is contagious and spreading.
- In the mobilization of capital to meet the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, private equity firms investing in emerging markets have a special role to play.
- The impact investing theory of change is to use the markets' own mechanisms to redirect them for good.