- In the latest episode of ImpactAlpha’s Returns on Investment podcast, the roundtable regulars try to unpack the layers and make sense of the meanings of the McGlashan debacle.
- NotCo’s AI platform analyzes the molecular structures of plant-based ingredients for flavor and texture
- Blending finance with blockchain, streamlining affordable housing, AI-fueled food in Chile, impact bonds in Latin America, co-investing with Backstage
Brazilian fintech Moeda has joined with the African nation of Togo to backstop a planned €100 million ($113 million) impact fund being raised by a Switzerland-based private-equity firm Bamboo. It’s all based on blockchain.
- Four of the 11 impact bonds in low- and middle-income countries have launched in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Haven Connect's mission to get more people into affordable housing faster attracted a mix of traditional and impact venture capitalists and angel investors.
i(x) launched in 2016 to offer impact companies a more patient alternative to traditional venture capital and private equity-type investments. The holding company has now raised $12 million in its own Series A investment round.
- Private equity blues (podcast), i(x)’s impact holding company, pay-as-you-go solar in West Africa, stocking the pipeline for community investments